Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dude Seriously



Well, I just wanted to share the newest addition to my little place in Abilene. His name is “Dude Seriously” and he is a grey miniature poodle. He’s 10 ¾ inches at the shoulder and weighs 10 pounds. So he’s a little guy, especially compared to 85 pound Zeke!
I took him home for a few days to try him out and he is exactly what I was looking for. He just lays with me on the couch and cuddles with me in bed while Zeke sleeps on the floor because he’s too hot to sleep in the bed. He’s small, cute, and fuzzy and has a great personality.
Zeke loves to play with him and he holds his own against him, running in between his legs and tying him up in knots.
I also need to learn how to show and train a little dog because it’s much different than a big dog so this accomplishes that goal!
Ridglie is living with my parents now so I still only have two dogs. Tiger is getting pretty old, he’ll be 11 on November 24th and I thought my parents might be wanting a new dog so I originally asked them if they wanted a poodle but they said they would rather have Ridglie. They’ve had a few break-ins in their area and would like a bigger dog that would bark at an intruder and Ridglie would definitely do that. I’m also done training Ridglie and was having to leave her at the Academy whenever I would go to a show and she’s not the kind of dog that enjoys hanging out with the other dogs up there. So Ridglie is happy with my parents and they are happy with her. My mom takes her on walks and my dad plays ball with her while he’s out in the garage. And Zeke still has a playmate and this one costs less to feed!
So that’s the scoop on the new dog and yes I do plan on taking Dude to Colorado to climb mountains so you’ll be seeing him on top of some 14ers next summer!

1 comment:

BrittneyNicole said...

so, if youre gonna have a blog, you need to keep updating! Because i keep checking for new stuff! jk... love the halloween pic! Youre such a beautiful nerd! WHat a combo--this girls got it all! haha.. love and miss you!